by Founder Debbie Browne and Global Development Director Cynthia Claxton of Leaping Butterfly Ministry
This blog post is a resource article for the Turner Syndrome Butterfly community. We’re here to help anyone impacted by the Coronavirus.
We are all hearing and learning more about the COVID-19 disease every day.
Steps to Keep Yourself Safe
The medical community continues to encourage those who have an underlying TS-related health condition to take the following steps to keep yourself safe:
- Follow directives from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), local authorities, and the federal government.
- Wash hands frequently for at least 20 seconds with soap and warm water. If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizer.
- Practice social distancing and self-isolating as much as possible.
Praying Every Day
Leaping Butterfly Ministry is providing the information below to help those who have medical conditions associated with TS continue to stay safe.
We continue to pray each day for everyone’s well-being. We pray for everyone in our TS community, along with those we love, as we address the impact of this health crisis.
Notice from the TS Adult Comprehensive Care Center at UT Physicians
According to Dr. Siddarth Prakash, Ph.D., co-director of the TS Adult Comprehensive Care Center at UT Physicians, TS patients may be at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19.
Click here to learn more from Dr. Prakash about the conditions that are often seen in TS patients that make them more vulnerable to severe illness from the virus.
We’re Here For You!
Leaping Butterfly Ministry (LBM) is here to support you! Reach out to us by connecting on our private community group, Butterfly Nectar, on the Mama Bee Facebook page.
Or, message us on our LBM Facebook page.
Or, email us from our website.
Our 2020 Virtual Chrysalis Retreat
In support of our Turner Syndrome Butterfly community during this health crisis, we are continuing to host our virtual 2nd Annual Chrysalis Retreat online.
In these unprecedented times, Leaping Butterfly Ministry is adapting to our new normal regarding our events and our annual Chrysalis Retreat.
Our Chrysalis Retreat was canceled physically, but not spiritually.
The LBM team decided it was best to bring the retreat to your home.
We now have a free Retreat delivered directly to you in your home!!
Our second annual Chrysalis Retreat was adapted into a Virtual Retreat in which we created multiple video presentations from our Worship Leader, one of our Counselors, and several of our Breakout Leaders.
To celebrate her life, TS Sisters Monique Gras and Andrea Horner, share their special memories of Linda in this video.
Because we all make New Year’s resolutions when we turn a calendar page. And, with this health crisis, we are all turning a new page on our lives.
Apostle Paul shared in the Bible about the benefits of taking off the old and putting on the new.
Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.
New Living Translation Bible
The following resources are available for our virtual Chrysalis Retreat on the LBM YouTube channel:
- An Inspirational Message from Christian Counselor Anne Causey.
- Also, Chrysalis Retreat Worship Leader Cherrie Boston sings a few uplifting music selections for added encouragement.
- Celebration of Life video for TS Sister Linda Keeley.
- A history of LBM
- Two uplifting videos about LBM’s Adoption Education program. One video is a special message from Tova Sido and the other video is a compilation of inspiring Christian music to support those considering adoption, those who are supporting foster care, the unborn, and
those who are supporting homeless children.
- Multiple videos about our past fundraising events, including the Seeds of Faith Celebration
Prayer Support from Leaping Butterly Ministry
Would you like someone to pray for you or with you?
Would you like us to pray for your loved one?